Eligibility for Strength Team:
1. The athlete must represent a school that is a member in good standing of the SCHSL and the SCHSSCA.
2. All athletes must have a valid physical to compete.
3. All athletes must have medical insurance to compete.
4. All athletes must have parental permission to compete.
5. Eligibility is determined by the individual athlete’s coach.
6. The athlete should be in good standing with the school and the coach.
7. The athlete must be enrolled in a minimum of the 7th grade and a maximum of the 12th grade.
8. All athletes must have a coach present to compete.
9. Age requirements:
a. Athletes below the age of 13 may not compete.
b. JV athletes may not turn 16 on or before March 1 of the current year.
c. Athletes who have attained the age of 19 prior to August 1st of the present school year may not compete.
The events that are tested in the strength meets are bench press max, squat max, broad jump, and 40 yard dash.